Broken Washer

This week has been fairly easy going. I haven’t really done much other than work. I actually got a raise this week. It wasn’t really a big raise but I won’t really complain about getting more money. I am also in the process of looking for new job so trying to get a bigger raise won’t really do me any good. I have been looking for one for awhile now but just recently started putting in applications. I got one company I need to call to see if they have looked at my application and I got a call from another just a couple days ago. I did a short phone interview with a woman and she said she would forward my info to another group there I guess and they will call within the week.

The only other thing that may or may not be worth mentioning is that are washer broke this week.My girlfriend had put a load of laundry in and let the washer go like normal. A few minutes later the dog walked into the living room and I noticed her paws were wet. My girlfriend said she was probably just playing in her water bowl and we didn’t think much of it. A few minutes later she starts yelling for me and I walk to the laundry room where she is yelling from. In the laundry room there is about three inches of water standing and that is flowing out into the kitchen. The water hadn’t stopped at the appropriate level in the washer and kicked on. It just kept filling and so was over flowing everywhere.

The cleanup took a little while. We soaked up a lot of the water with towels and the mop. I also used a cup to scoop a lot of the water out. It took a little bit of time but seemed to be faster than the mop. We let the neighbors know what happened in case the water had made it over to there apartment. It had and they had a pretty good amount of water to clean up. Turns out they were doing laundry also and though that is was their washer that was messed up. When we purchased the washer we also paid a little more to have a five year warranty put on it. We have actually not had it even a year though. We called HHGregg, the company we bought it from, and they had somebody come out the following morning to fix it. Turns out there was just some sort of clog in it. The repairman cleaned out the tubes and then it was working fine again. Having paid extra when we bought it there was no charge for the service call so that was nice.

It is all cleaned up and back to normal now though. I guess we are lucky that we were still around when it happened. If we had put the laundry in and then left or went to bed it could have been a lot worse!

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: